Updated: May 22, 2017
Collection of Information
Information You Provide to Us
We collect information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect information when you create an account, participate in any interactive features of the Services, fill out a form, participate in a contest or promotion, make a purchase, apply for a job, communicate with us via third party social media sites, request customer support or otherwise communicate with us. The types of information we may collect include your name, email address, postal address, phone number, social security number, your employee’s social security number, your Federal and State Employer ID, credit card information and any other information you choose to provide.
Information We Collect Automatically When You Use the Services
When you access or use our Services, we automatically collect information about you, including:
· Log Information: We collect log information about your use of the Services, including the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the page you visited before navigating to our Services.
· Device Information: We collect information about the computer or mobile device you use to access our Services, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers and mobile network information.
· Location Information: We may collect information about the location of your device each time you access or use one of our mobile applications or otherwise consent to the collection of this information. Please see "Your Choices" below.
· Information Collected by Cookies and Other Tracking Technologies: We, and our service providers, use various technologies to collect information, including cookies and web beacons. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive or in device memory that help us improve our Services and your experience, see which areas and features of our Services are popular and count visits. Web beacons are electronic images that may be used in our Services or emails and help deliver cookies, count visits and understand usage and campaign effectiveness. For more information about cookies, and how to disable them, please see "Your Choices" below.
Information We Collect From Other Sources
We may also obtain information from other sources and combine that with information we collect through our Services. For example, we may collect information about you from third parties, including but not limited to identity verification services, credit bureaus, mailing list providers and publicly available sources. If you create or log into your account through a social media site, we will have access to certain information from that site, such as your name, account information and friends lists, in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such social media site.
Use of Information
We may use information about you for various purposes, including to:
· Provide, maintain and improve our Services;
· Provide and deliver the products and services you request, process transactions and send you related information, including confirmations and invoices,
· Send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
· Verify that visitors to our web site meet the criteria required to process their requests
· Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
· Communicate with you about products, services, offers, promotions, rewards, and events offered by Nest Payroll and others, and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you;
· Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities in connection with our Services;
· Detect, investigate and prevent fraudulent transactions and other illegal activities and protect the rights and property of Nest Payroll and others;
· Personalize and improve the Services and provide advertisements, content or features that match user profiles or interests;
· Facilitate contests, sweepstakes and promotions and process and deliver entries and rewards;
· Link or combine with information we get from others to help understand your needs and provide you with better service; and
· Carry out any other purpose for which the information was collected.
We reserve the right to compile and share anonymous, aggregated information about our users, transactions completed using our service, sales, and traffic, though we will not share this information in a manner that permits the identification of a specific user.
Disclosure to Third Parties
Third Party Services
Sharing of Information
· With vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such information to carry out work on our behalf;
· With third parties for their services and marketing purposes that could enhance your Service experience;
· In response to a request for information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with, or required by, any applicable law, regulation or legal process;
· If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies, or to protect the rights, property and safety of Nest Payroll or others;
· In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company;
· Between and among Nest Payroll and its current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership; and
· With your consent or at your direction.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Social Sharing Features
The Services may offer social sharing features and other integrated tools (such as the Facebook "Like" button), which let you share actions you take on our Services with other media, and vice versa. Your use of such features enables the sharing of information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the entity that provides the social sharing feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the entities that provide these features.
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
Nest Payroll takes reasonable measures to help protect information about you from loss, theft, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction.
Transfer of Information to the U.S. and Other Countries
Nest Payroll is based in the United States and the information we collect is governed by U.S. law. By accessing or using the Services or otherwise providing information to us, you consent to the processing, transfer and storage of information in and to the U.S. and other countries, where you may not have the same rights and protections as you do under local law.
You may update, correct or delete information about you at any time by logging into your online account or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you wish to delete or deactivate your account, please login to your Services account and contact us to cancel the service. Note that we may retain certain information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of information about you for a certain period of time.
When you first launch any of our mobile applications that collect location information, you will be asked to consent to the application's collection of this information. If you initially consent to our collection of location information, you can subsequently stop the collection of this information at any time by changing the preferences on your mobile device. You may also stop our collection of location information by following the standard uninstall process to remove all of our mobile applications from your device.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Removing or rejecting browser cookies does not necessarily affect third party flash cookies used in connection with our Services. To delete or disable flash cookies please visit http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/disable-local-shared-objects-flash.html for more information. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services.
You may opt out of receiving promotional emails or text messages from Nest Payroll by following the instructions in those emails or text messages. If you opt out, we may still send you non-promotional communications, such as those about your account, payroll notifications or our ongoing business relations.
Mobile Push Notifications/Alerts
With your consent, we may send promotional and non-promotional push notifications or alerts to your mobile device. You can deactivate these messages at any time by changing the notification settings on your mobile device. Please note that if you choose to remove notifications, this could affect the availability and functionality of our Services, including reminders of tax filing deadlines that you are solely responsible for (see Terms of Service agreement).
Your California Privacy Rights
California law permits residents of California to request certain details about how their information is shared with third parties for direct marketing purposes. If you are a California resident and would like to make such a request, please contact us at email@example.com.